About the Briceville Public Library
The library is located next door to Briceville Elementary School. The address is 111 Slatestone Road, PO Box 61 Briceville, TN 37710.
Phase 2 for Briceville
Re-opening plan for the Library:
• Masks required for patrons and staff.
• If any patron feels sick they will be asked to continue to use our Curbside Service.
• No more than 10 people in the building at a time, including staff.
• Hand sanitizer will be available and encouraged. Staff will follow CDC guidelines on handwashing.
• At this time the restrooms will not be available (as this would pose undue risk on staff). Also the water fountains will be off-limits.
• All materials returning to the library will continue to be sanitized.
• Computer use will be limited (no extensions unless a great need is shown).
• Patrons using the computers will be spaced apart, one person at every other computer. These workstations will be wiped down and sanitized after each use.
• A cart will be used for any “touched materials” not checked out.
• Our board games, and puzzles will not be available at this time. Nor, will children’s toys normally in the children’s section be out for use.
• Frequently touched surfaces such as doors, chairs desks, etc., will be wiped down often.
If you need internet service, our public WIFI will be available from our parking lot during regular business hours. Please check out the Libby app through your device's app store for thousands of free books, audiobooks, and videos.
For questions please message us on Facebook, email the library at [email protected] or give us a call at 865-426-6220.
Construction was completed on this building in early 2013, we moved in and had a grand opening September 13, 2013. The former location of the library was a 420 sq. ft. room generously provided by the Baptist Association. The new building is a beautiful, modern facility, 2000 sq. ft. in size.
We have a community/meeting room, Genealogy area, children’s area, and homework space. We offer 4 public use computers, one computer for genealogy research. We also offer free WiFi.
If you have a civic group or club that needs meeting space, contact us to schedule time in the James Marshall & Peggy Hackworth Community Room.
Library Director: Daphne Windham